Thursday, November 25, 2010

Zero Regrets

Today is Thanksgiving!  Its so fun being able to gather with family and have dinner, or for us, lunch.  I love being able to talk to everyone although, this year we're going to be missing two families that are usually here.  But they have other families they have to visit as well.  So it all works out I suppose. 
Yesterday I went to Borders in Provo and bought a book.  The book I bought is Zero Regrets Be Greater than Yesterday, by Apolo Anton Ohno.  Its time for some confession.  In the 2002 winter Olympics in Salt Lake City I thought Apolo was like...amazing.  And he really was.  Seeing him racing short track was my favorite event of the whole Olympics.  Still is.  But I used to think he was like--the hottest thing on the planet.  I still think he's good looking for sure but I'm not as, how do I put this, obsessed as I was when I was 12 years old.  But when I saw this book I had a moment of weakness and had to buy it.
Turns out that on Dec. 4th he's going to have a book signing.  I hope I can go, hopefully I don't work.  I'll cross my fingers. :)  So far I'm on chapter 2 and I really like what he says so far.  Zero Regrets, he talks a lot about living life to the fullest and to never give up.  And if you try something and still don't succeed that it's okay, as long as you have Zero Regrets.  Its really got me thinking about my life and what I have been doing with it.  Perhaps its time to make  a few changes. 




Speed Skating looks so amazingly fun!  If that makes any sense.  I started rollerblading a lot after the 2002 Winter Olympics.  I wanted to try to become a speed skater, it was my dream in a sense.  But that dream got lost along the way of school and marching band.  I forgot about it...until the next winter games.  Than I realized that my chance had slipped me by.  I was depressed about it for a long time...but at the same time I found out that I was doing something else that I loved to a certain extent, marching band.  There I made lasting friends that will forever have a place in my heart. I learned about being on time to things.  For if you got there at the schduled time you were considered late, so now I try to arrive to things 15 minutes early.  There are times when I fall short of that but I try. 
One thing I wish I could have done though...was try to become a speed skater.  I would only do short track since I don't think I could handle the long track, that's just too long for me. 



These skates are a lot longer than inline skates but I still think I would have been able to do this sport.  Of course with my flat feet it probably wouldn't have worked real well.  Which is another reason why I didn't reach for this dream I suppose. 
Sorry but I don't remember where I got these pictures from.  It was from a google search though...so hopefully no one comes at me for copy right.  If you have taken any of these pictures please let me know and I will give credit where it is due. 

This is the post for the day.  Reach for your goals and even if you realize it isn't for you well...as long as you have Zero Regrets you did something you should be proud of.  I'm going to strive to have Zero Regrets in my life...it'll just take me a while to get there but I'm going to try. 

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones