Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ideal Classroom

When I ponder what I would like my classroom to look like I can't help but remember the way my second grade classroom looked like when I was in elementary. My desk (teacher's desk) would be in the back of the classroom so that way I would be able to see what the kids would be doing. There would be three rows of desk one behind the other. The white board would be on the wall in front of the students desk. A wide window would be to the right of the white board.
The students would be kind and eager to learn. They would all look up at me like I was the smartest person in the world just because I was the teacher. The parents would respect me and listen and agree by my teaching methods, even if it goes against the norm.
My colleagues would enjoy my personality and enjoy being with me. They would listen to my ideas and give me their input on what they thought. They would become some of my closest friends.
My teaching would revolve around visual aids. I've always been a visual learner so I would use that for my students to see if that helps them understand the concepts more, if not I will use other methods to helps as well. I would like to teach writing and English even a little history. My goal will be to help students learn and get a love for learning. I want them to be able to want to come to school instead of dreading it like so many kids do. I hope to teach them that life is a place where you are always finding new things to learn. Nothing stays the same so there is always something changing, causing us to learn new idea's all the time. I want to be an impact to those students. I want to be able to help this world along in this grand scheme of life.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones