I feel that these tools will help me a lot to get in contact with my students. Although, 2nd graders aren't going to be very good at the computer just yet so I believe it will be more helpful towards the parents. The parents will be able to communicate with me in several ways instead of just passing notes between the kids and me. They will be able to see what I have planned for the day's lesson and what they could do to prepare their kids for the following class.
These tools will also help me a lot by communicating with my co-workers. It will be good for them to see what I'm planning to teach so they can try to base their stuff off mine or if they just need to contact me.
I will post my email address and other valuable resources on the board so my students can take down notes and keep them on how to contact me or go there for answer to their questions.
The pros to this is it's easy and fast way to keep in touch with the parents and the students, there are some cons though. Perhaps the parents do not have a computer in the home, then that would make it hard to find out what I'm planning on doing for the next class period.
The video of the week was very entertaining. I really like the rap song they did for the math portion. It was an interesting way to help students learn the rules of doing the equations. Very smart idea, the tune was catchy and most of the kids these days like to associate a lot of things with music. Very creative and it was also fun to watch. It would help the students have fun learning the terms, I really liked the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment