While I was learning how to use these tools that the world has given us I couldn't help but realize how much they could help in a learning environment. I know that I have always been someone that loves to work on the computer and to learn new things that go along with it. I wish my teachers would have made a website for their class in order to help me to keep up on my homework and to know what I would miss if I ever missed a class.
So with my experience it has helped me to come to a decision that I will use the internet as a tool instead of something only for research. The students can look at he website to see the stuff that is upcoming and what they can do to prepare for the new material. Through Facebook and email they can contact me anytime of the day with questions and they don't have to have the stress of talking to me face to face if they are nervous about that. (Although it is still good for them to talk to me.)
All the new technology can help me to keep in contact with parents as well. They can email me or call me with questions or concerns with their child's performance.
All this stuff makes it so much easier to get in contact with people when its late at night or when you just don't have the time to call them or meet with them. All you have to do is email or message your colleagues and they'll get the information.
In the video of the week it really opened my eyes. I realized that if teachers during my high school life would have been more understanding about technology that I probably would have done better all around. Teachers should move up with the time instead of trying to stick to the old way. Life is advancing and so does our teaching style. Cell phones could be used for good teaching tools along with Ipods like the video pointed out. We shouldn't hold so firmly onto the old ways, we should be more open to the times and experience all the things we can from the technology we have.
No comments:
Post a Comment