Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girls Camp

Well this will probably be the only post i do until friday night. I am going to be going up in Heber to Girls camp. At least i get to sleep in cabins!! That's the good part. I got a penpal from Austerlia for this years girls camp. That has made me the most excited. I aboustly love this girl i've been able to get to know. Her name is Brier and she is the cutest person in the world. If i could go stay a week or more at her place i totally would. She is so amazing!!
Plus she's got that awesome accent! hahahah. But, no really, she's great. She's LDS and its so fun being able to talk to her about the things that are so different from America and Austerlia. She's really smart and they graduate from school when they are 17! That's the age that they get out of school and they have the choice to do college or not. Right now she says she's getting a job and that she'll think about college later.
Anyway, she's really sweet and i love her already. Uhh...i'm going to miss my bed though...and my movies...and books...and phone...and...iPod....sigh....oh well. lol, its probably good that i get a break from thoes things but still. I wish i could take at least the iPod with me. But oh well. I'm coming home a day early because Eric has the Provo parade that morning and i want to go! I went to Lehi parade and it was so awesome to be able to watch the band go by. I've never seen what the tubas really made the band look like but....it made me so...speachless. They stick out so welll and it just shows that our band has "class". I loved being able to see the people i have grown up with marching in the parade in the hot summer day. I was a tad bit sad because i wasn't able to march right beside them like i have for the past four years but i was happy because they were all sweating and i wasn't nearly as hot as they were! teehee.
Band really has taught me life lessons and i am glad i did it. Four years was a lot but it was worth it. It really was. I loved every moment of it....okay maybe thats an exageration. But still. I loved most of it and i only really started to complain about it my last year. So yeah, i should get credit for that.
So yeah. There is no way i'm going to miss a parade or compeition if i can help it. I"m going to stand proud out there when the band goes by and i'm going to yell names of the people i know and i'm going to be able to look to the person next to me and say. "i was in that band all through high school." Because that really has been my life and i have a feeling i will always have a soft spot for the American Fork Marching Band.
So of course i'll ditch the last day of girls camp to go to the parade. Even if i'm dead tired cuz i'll stay unitl like up at camp i will still get up early in the morning to sit in the hot sun and watch the parade. Plus i want the amazing tan line of the flip flops on my feet. I think its awesome i can get one of those this year! I'm so excited for that. You ahve no idea. ITs also a bonus that Old Navy had a sale for flip flops. I bought five pairs for only five bucks. Yep! They were only a dollar! It was amazing. I gave to pairs to my mom so that still leaves me with three. So i'm all good and happy. Its been a pretty good weekend. Plus college is mostly ready and i'm glad about that. :D i'm a wolverine now! however you spell it hahaha. I'm glad to be going to college. Even though i'm more then a little nervous. I'm scared. but i'll have fun and its good for me. Well i guesss i better stop rambling now and get on with the day. I need to take a nap or perhaps, pop popcorn and watch a movie. Yes, i think that is what i shall do. Tatata!!!

2 comments:

megan ann. said...

I love that place!!! I went there for both girls camp and youth conference a few years back. You'll have a BLAST! I absolutely love girls camp. =] have fun! I leave for girls camp the week after you (so next week) so we'll miss each other. Talk to you later!!!

megan ann. said...

Go American Fork High School Marching Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I already commented but I had to say that. haha

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones