Saturday, October 9, 2010

Alta High

Today was a competition day, which was held at Alta High school in Sandy. First time ever having one there and it was really cool to be able to drive around my old neighborhood and see how everything has changed (mostly for the worst) in the area. I'm glad we moved to good old AF! I do wonder where I would be if I hadn't moved...I wouldn't have done marching band or band that's for sure.
I had a lot of fun today. We got to eat at my favorite place which is Sconecutter!! Love, love, love it! Very yummy food. :) The band did really well at the show. Oh! I have to tell everyone about this one Trumpet player in the Davis marching band. He was paralyzed on his right side of his body so his right arm hung down during the whole show. But he played one handed and did all the moves and everything! Not to mention he stayed in step the whole time. It was a sight to see, I really was inspired by him. Here he was struggling and yet...he was doing it. He had to have really wanted to be apart of the band to pull it through. Just showed me that no matter what you go through as long as you stick through the pain you can get rewards. Really amazing.
The band took first place by a long shot. They got 922. something, sorry can't remember off the top of my head. Davis got 87. something. So it was really great.
My grandma also came to see the band perform, not to mention my aunt. They both thought it was amazing. If you haven't seen the show I highly recommend you attend one of the shows before they're finished. You won't be disappointed!
Remember how I said I was going to do better at taking pictures and such? Well today I ended up taking quite a few. So I'll post them here and some are also on my facebook.
This is my creative one...well...as creative as I could get today. 

We absolutely love our band!!  I'm so glad I was able to be a part of such a great program!



I saw Parker and Emily Alaura at the competition.  I haven't seen her since the first of August.  I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her again.  It was really fun to see them and be able to talk to them about the bands. 

Mom and Dad watching the other bands perform today.  It was cold, not fun but it was all right. 











I had to take pictures after the show.  So I made everyone pose for me so I could do this.  First off I took Eric and Parker's picture first and then took this one.  Then my dad is the one that took the one of me and Eric.  :)
These two are like...best friends.  They remind me a lot of me and Emily our first year of band.  And than me and Megan my last two years of band.  Megan and I were always together, although we don't have many pictures of us from back than.  Kinda sad :( 


Can I say I am so proud of my brother!  This last year has been really hard for him and he hasn't wanted to do band but he still pushes through.  Yes he complains a lot but he still goes and still does what is expected of him.  Did he leave band early once, yes he did but he hasn't done it since and swore he'd never do it again.  Band is such a great thing to be in.  It really shapes us into the people we will become.  I know I learned a lot from being in band and in Marching band.  Without it I don't think I'd be as good of a person as I am today. 
Wow, this is a really long post but I wanted to share the fun i had with you guys today.  :)  Thanks for reading it to the end!  Hope you guys all had a great day as well. 

1 comment:

megan ann. said...

i love that first picture! awesome :). ah, i know it makes me sad that we don't have many pictures together from back then. it feels kind of weird not going to all the competitions this year... since i don't have any siblings in it lol. slightly strange.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones